•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A technically and graphically appealing look at X-Plane 11

From Frooglesim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Ro...em-uploademail

Some great pluses, and some terrible minuses. Wake me when it's done and sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Some great pluses, and some terrible minuses. Wake me when it's done and sorted.
      I hear ya'. X-Plane's definitely in the growing stage. How to topple FSX/P3D so more developers support it is the real question. For myself, VFR flying is much more enjoyable and that's what I like to do. FSX/P3D still for everything else, including group flights. But for just a random hop, say from KAPA to KASE in good weather, XP is more fun.

Comment

As I said there are a lot of pluses, and the stuff on the ground looks great. However there are obvious problems, and the so-called clouds are just part of it. For example, the shadows, too, are awful (far too sharp, because they use point source not disk illumination), and any integration of clouds vs. ground illumination and shadows is obviously missing.

I can wait. I'm in no rush. Others like yourself can be pioneers and reap the kudos. :eagerness: When it's done, if it costs an extra 50% for a production release standard system with all problems resolved, then fine. And if never gets done, that's also fine.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X