Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 SimLink :applouse:
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

The slogan should be Patient pending Simlink The only fs connection you'll ever need. I have made a logo design but since I am on a mobile device I will unveil it tomorrow.
      [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
      [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
      [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

Here is my mock up of a logo that we can use

Hope You Like It.
        [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
        [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
        [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by LittleCube View Post
          Here is my mock up of a logo that we can use

Hope You Like It.
          I do. I wonder if "msFlights.net" shouldn't be on there somewhere.

Comment

Kind of modified it a little (if you don't mind). I think it's good except the height of the banner is a bit long. Let me know what you think??
            [SIZE=4][SIZE=5]Happy Flying :)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]YouTube:[/B][url]https://www.youtube.com/user/TrixterGaming36[/url][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=2]-Trixter36[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Trixter36 View Post
              Kind of modified it a little (if you don't mind). I think it's good except the height of the banner is a bit long. Let me know what you think??
              Too many msFlights.net's

Comment

My contribution, in three sizes (all with square transparent background). Functionally descriptive, and redolent of a helicopter from overhead.

Comment

Bit confused.
                  And I have voted for a name.
                  But...
                  What was wrong with FSD?
                  That's what this software is called.
                  It seems to me it's like renaming FSX?
                  If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Good question roo ill atempt to give my take on it. Fsd has more than one meaning especialy to the elite dangerous guys but also it relayes to a payware fsx developer also called fsd.. Fsd is also the base that vatsim use and naming our version give us something to call our own as they have done it aslo isnt to clear what fsd is and the question i get asked most is what is fsd? Simlink is self explanitary its a server that links the sims. Hope this helps.
                    sigpic

Comment

I haven't used FSD yet, but nonetheless, I like where this is going--as long as we're not infringing on anyone's intellectual property by re-branding it. Is the platform open and unlicensed in such a way that we are within our rights (legally and ethically) to do so?

If so, might I add the following suggestions:
                      - I like the brand integration concept that Cube drafted and Trix revised for its brand-recognition merit (especially since the L is so conveniently located mid-name, excluding the hyphen). Try removing the hyphen and adjusting the beacon light to extend to, but not past, the left-most and right-most edges of the letters S and K.

- I like the star-burst image Storm submitted for its versatility (especially as used for a desktop shortcut/icon). The bubbly font strikes me as un-technology-like, however (though I understand its non-edged-ness matches that of the hub and five nodes).
                      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by edd2287 View Post
                        Good question roo ill atempt to give my take on it. Fsd has more than one meaning especialy to the elite dangerous guys but also it relayes to a payware fsx developer also called fsd.. Fsd is also the base that vatsim use and naming our version give us something to call our own as they have done it aslo isnt to clear what fsd is and the question i get asked most is what is fsd? Simlink is self explanitary its a server that links the sims. Hope this helps.
                        Ah ok I see where this has come from now.
                        But...
                        Vatsim still call their servers FSD.
                        ie the VATSIM FSD servers.
                        Could we not do the same?
                        The MSFLIGHTS FSD Servers?
                        We have the MSF FSX Steam and boxed servers?

I feel somebody has written this software and taken the time to name their work.

If a new name is needed maybe the simlink FSD servers?
                        I think FSD should remain in the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                          I like the star-burst image Storm submitted for its versatility (especially as used for a desktop shortcut/icon). The bubbly font strikes me as un-technology-like, however (though I understand its non-edged-ness matches that of the hub and five nodes).
                          The font is a deliberate choice. But hey, that's what I get for being an engineer and an artist. (And a web designer, and a typographer, and ...)

One point about my design is that it can easily be superimposed on existing pics without dominating and yet still being recognizable and readable (part of the reason for the choice of a blocky round font instead of a stick-like one which would have got lost). For example, Lazer's flight banner last night could have looked like this:

Comment

I am leaning towards roos suggestion of keeping the fsd part somewhere in the name. So SimLink-FSD in forum guides etc but im sure it will be called SimLink in teampeak. But that way we still give credit to the team that originally built it as this is not our software we just adapted it to our needs. although i have never seen the vatsim guys call a server vatsim fsd but im sure its hidden in a back page of one of there websites. suggestion Simlink powered by FSD.
                            Open for discussion
                            sigpic

Comment

since we are suggesting logo's here is mine:

Last edited by edd2287; February 5, 2016, 07:24 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm all for a name change if that's what the majority are looking for, I personally don't mind either way.

The reason you may not have heard that the VATSIM servers are FSD is possibly because you don't need too.
                                All you need to know is how to connect to VATSIM.
                                Who cares what type of server you have connected to?

For example.....
                                VATSIM is a flight sim community.
                                IVAO is also a flight sim community.
                                MSFLIGHTS..... you see where this is going.

Two communities above only run one type of server.
                                Where as we at MSFLIGHTS run 5 ( off the top of my head) types of server.

My friend says "Let's go flying on VATSIM", Easy they only run one type of server so I know where he'll be.

"Let's go flying on MSFlights" OK which MSFLIGHTS Server will you be on Boxed, Steam, P3D.......?

I see why some people wanted the change.
                                But surely if you say your on the MSFLIGHTS FSD server that can't cause confusion, can it?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X