Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFR on VATSIM

I would like to try an idea how to fly all simulators together in one session FS9,FSX-box,FSX-stean,P3D,X-plane.
    There is a way to do it right now, unfortunately it requires VATSIM membership and basic VATSIM understanding.
    In US VFR flight does not require ATC communication and as long as outside of D C and B airspace it can be performed quite safe.
    Flying in some remote places and see if it works.
    I will be flying on TS with my name having additional VATSIM tag whoever is interested please talk to me and will get the ball rolling.
    I have flown using this technique with English group called CIX, it works quite well.

This could be also quite a good way for people who are interested in VATSIM, since flying VFR does not require jumping straight into full-blown ATC but you can tune in a local controllers and listen in, and whenever you're ready you can jump too a level you prefer.
    This is definitely for people who are interested in aviation structure and proper aviation behaviors so please, if you are into "hops" and flying "straight in" to uncontrolled field, don't bother.

mike 404
    mike404

I like the idea but will not be joining vatsim again my previous experience of trying to fly anything other than a tube liner are terrible.I even got kicked off the server for flying a helicopter. There are a few on vatsim that enjoy all aspects of aviation but in my experience and storys from others it is not a welcoming place for bush flyers. nice thought mike but not for me!
    sigpic

Comment

Mike, I'd be willing to endure my preconceived prejudices on the nature of VATSIM solely to assist your 'concurrency' in multiplayer investigation. However, my skills are so poor and my time available to devote to your project so limited that I can't get around to it for a while. I can represent P3D client and if you care to lend your respected reputation and gamertag to any OTHER multiplayer concurrency experiments, I can make BigBox (the normal P3D and FSX classic special configuration server) available to you and your project intermittently.

I will go so far as to attempt to register on VATSIM by the end of this weekend. Good luck with this, Mike.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I'm game!

Comment

Despite other peoples bad experiences, I want to try this with you, I think this would be a great learning experience for me!

Comment

if you want to fly some simple aircraft like J3 on VATSIM, you need to install transponder and then use suffix U for equipment type.
            VFR Squawk Codes of the world
            1200- VFR flight, this is the standard squawk code used in North American airspace when no other has been assigned.
            7000- VFR standard squawk code for most of European airspace.
            0021- VFR squawk code for German airspace (5000 feet and below)
            0022-VFR squawk code for German airspace (above 5000 feet)

If you need some help how to do it, catch me on TS and I'll fix you up
            mike404

Comment

Originally posted by N404 View Post
              if you want to fly some simple aircraft like J3 on VATSIM, you need to install transponder and then use suffix U for equipment type.
              I took this to mean that a transponder is required to fly on Vatsim. I don't think that is the case.

Mike and I respectfully have very different approaches to VATSIM. Flying GA I'm have been almost as casual on VATSIM as I am on our regular server. Mike is very detail oriented and likes to be precise. We both enjoy flying GA whether it be on VATSIM or the msFlights server.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X