Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North American tour of Orbx freeware! (Steam Edition)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North American tour of Orbx freeware! (Steam Edition)

Join us August 1st at noon EDT/4pm UTC for the North American tour of Orbx freeware! Time Zone Map

This will be an ongoing tour, starting in Fredericton Canada then we will make our way south through New England and down through the Appalachians before making the long haul west to California, after which we will head to the cold north, finally ending our journey in Alberta Canada.

Be sure to download this freeware pack of Orbx North America airports: https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/global
    You will also need to install the latest Orbx Libraries FSX/P3Dv1: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs
    (I'm not sure if this this freeware pack works without FTX Global, if someone does not have FTX Global please let me know if you were able to install this freeware)

FSX: Steam Edition

Cruise Speed: ~160kts

Flight plan: CYFC>CYSJ>CYID>CCN2

Flight plan for Saturday noon ET/4pm UTC flight: CYFC>CYSJ>CYID>CCN2

Comment

What will you be flying?

Comment

Probably either the Carenado Baron or the RealAir Duke

Comment

As far as I know the freeware airports work without FTX Global (I don't have FTX Global and they seem to work for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Taco View Post
            As far as I know the freeware airports work without FTX Global (I don't have FTX Global and they seem to work for me).
            I tried installing it on my laptop which does not have FTX global, and now I get some orbx error message each time I start FSX. It also does not show any cars/planes that are parked at the airport and they seem to lack detail. Do you get any errors when starting FSX now? Do you see any cars/planes parked at airports as part of the scenery?

I had the beta versions of FSX installed on my laptop, so I'm thinking the errors could be from FSX not updating properly after the beta was over.

Comment

Orbix requires for libraries to be installed after every adjustments to Orbix sceneries

make sure You get the newest version from the support on the website and run it after You finish with installing from Orbix maybe that will fix things up

I keep the newest libs (it is now Version 150331) installer and whatever I do something with Orbix I simply run it, seems to help with some problems.
              here is the link directly to support scroll down to "Orbxlibs" and get the one for Your platform

mike 404
              mike404

Comment

Daily shots...

CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                Staff Member
                VA-Manager

Comment

Comment

Here are a few, https://imgur.com/a/oqpaQ

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page