Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Airshow 2015

An aerobatics demonstration is planned for this Friday at 9pm ET. All pilots are welcome, regardless of skill level.

Our demonstration airport: SAZL

Rules & Reccomendations
    - Each performance will have a max duration of 5 minutes.
    - If you crash during your performance, your demonstration is concluded.
    - Each performance is allotted one song, between 3 and 5 minutes in length. When the song is completed (if under 5 minutes), the performance is concluded.
    - If you beg to go next, you will go last, after everyone else has performed.
    - Do not exceed the distances and altitude in this image:

All aircraft are acceptable.

This airshow will be on boxed edition.

Spectators are welcome.

Max altitude 1,000, that's kinda low for an airshow isn't it?
    When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

It is quite low yes, but starting altitude can be as high as necessary. Any higher than that and it get's kinda lame to spectate from the ground, even with zooming in all the way.

Comment

Lets face it, spectating an airshow on FSX is challenging for a few reasons, however, these regulations that Warhawk describes will make it a very nice challenge for any pilot wanting to participate, so take up that challenge if you have time and do a little bit of practicing, I am sure he would appreciate the participation. And if you are looking for an aircraft that most people can see you in and is easily accessible, there are some very good ones in Storms Onedrive in the vintage hangar that would be perfect for this show.

Comment

I don't know what the concern is all about... this box is plenty big enough for even an F-22 demonstration! (...if and only if the pilot is 4d.)
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

while technically possible to perform in posted box, it is very limiting on aircraft type and does not provide good visibility nor the ability to plan for good visibility.

if the idea is to provide good visibility, there should be a defined spectators area midway down one side of the runway (probably land side with tower). that is show center, where maneuvers are designed to look best from. the aerobatic box should be along the other side of the runway, so spectators don't have to look straight up or behind. doing maneuvers directly above the crowd would be dangerous anyway. to optimize viewing angle, show center should be separated by some distance from the runway, or maneuvers should be performed displaced from the runway centerline. often at airshows the aircraft banks away from the crowd immediately after takeoff. this is to enter the aerobatic box when it is not over the runway.

the 1000 ft is of little help to visibility, because the aerobatic box is 8000ft long. a 4000ft ceiling would keep the aircraft as close vertically as horizontally. still, any maneuvers near the ceiling should be at the far edge of the aerobatic box (over the water), so spectators aren't looking up at so high an angle.

the 1000 ft ceiling is like a turning radius restriction. the zlinn z-50 can do a 500ft immelmann, so it would work, but the raptor needs more like 2000. 6000ft is needed for a good pedal turn. maybe the idea was to restrict aircraft to those that can perform tight to the crowd. if so, that's ok then.

1 more thing. repositioning and landing patterns should be permitted to exceed the box, but all maneuvers should be within the box. this means the crowd can be overflown, provided no maneuvers are performed. for example, a 'sneek pass' from behind the crowd, into a tail slide infront of show center.
            [url=http://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d254b6e1b9854bf4&id=D254B6E1B9854BF4!387][img]http://dumpt.com/img/files/kypztx3x56pqaohrixnw.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

it is also very different looking with global and vector i have water on both sides and runway on an island. Might be just me but thought id give you a heads up
              sigpic

Comment

the airfield for global+vector.
                sigpic

Comment

What kind of topography is in the area for you Edd, anything above 500ft agl that could be an obstruction for lateral flight on either end of the field?

Comment

I must say this sounds like a fun event. Im sure a lot will be learned by all. Anyone ever thought of streaming their view on twitch or something similar? Might help for those without planes installed, scenery or the Boxed version. Im in steam but would love to see this event!

Comment

Good points 4d, we'll line up on the opposite side of the runway facing the water, this emulated airshow performance box will be moved outwards over the water, with the shoreline being the right/right center of the box. We will increase the altitude to 2,200 ft AGL for all airshow maneuvers. Landings, Takeoffs, and Climbing to starting altitude will be excluded in this.

Here is the updated imagery.

Comment

z3r0ko0l, Depending on music situation and my internet I may stream my flight from in-cockpit
                        [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
                        [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          z3r0ko0l, Depending on music situation and my internet I may stream my flight from in-cockpit
                          as long as it doesnt mess with your connection that would be Awesome! thnks

Comment

nothing that will interfere with flight.Should be fine warhawk was just a heads up to any vector users. I can always turn vector off if needed.
                            sigpic

Comment

what aircraft are you flying in razor? f/a-18?
                              [url]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif[/url]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X