Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World/ Back in Time continues: Episode #44- A million elephants under a white parisol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time continues: Episode #44- A million elephants under a white parisol

Hi pilots! Looks like its time for another trip back in time in those majestic Herky-birds!

Thursday night we will set the singularity drive to the year 1354 to help King Fa Ngum establish the Lao kingdom of Lan Xang Hom Kao ("Land of a million elephants under a white parasol").

To claim to be the 'Land of a Million Elephants' meant you were claiming near invincibility and the King needs our help in order to make good on this boastful statement. We will transport as many elephants as possible around the Kingdom of Laos and Vietnam on Thursday.

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Wattay Intl, Vientiane Departure (VLVT)
    Seno, Seno (Z19N)
    Danang Intl, Danang (VVDN)
    Phoenix Intl, Sanya (ZJSY)

This flight will take place in classic FSX

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 260 KIAS at around 15,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction. Many suitable free planes are available from Storms skydrive including the excellent Antinov AN-12, AN-32 and the Howard 500.

Please click this link for a flightplan and handy kneeboard for this flight:
    http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post17170

-------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes from his OneDrive for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

Here's a link to Storms Onedrive:http://tinyurl.com/storms-onedrive

There are 4 suitable airplanes. The An-32 is in Modern oddities. The others are in the Vintage Hangar:
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Hope to see everyone there!

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Here's a handy kneeboard and flightplan file to use on Thursday's flight.

Click this link for an informative kneeboard:

Here is a flightplan file to use on this flight:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

A reminder for tonight's Back in Time adventure:

We will be departing from Wattay Intl, Vientiane (VLVT) @ 9pm EST.

So don't forget (the elephants won't) to pachyderm your trunk and stampede over to Laos for this beautiful flight.

Happy landings,
      Lazer

Comment

Here are my pics. http://imgbox.com/g/ot0gMYE4Us

Comment

And just two from me, at 250kts and 14,000ft over Laos...

Comment

Here is mine https://imgur.com/a/sg5hj

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X