Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Sale!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cesar82Pilot View Post
    Any real benefits of getting the steam version?
    Its the only digital copy of FSX that's available. That's worth the 5 bucks to me
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

... or $12.49, as the "opening day" sale has ended, but this %50-off sale appears to be extended. Heck, even the full price of $25 is good, considering you won't easily come across copies of the original FSX editions anymore.
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

OMG I see now haha
        Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
        Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
        B737-800 Any
        CRJ-700 Pacifica
        B747-400 Global Freights
        KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
        :D
        CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
        RAM:8Gb
        Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

LATEST NEW'S ABOUT FSUIPC FOR STEAM EDITION
          it is out now

the new version is available.. the download shows on the website 4.937 but if you unzip it and it will show 4.938

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
          Staff Member
          VA-Manager

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Casey

Comment

For thoses who don't know http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160...9820729615790/
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

Thanks, Casey. This is the changelog I've been looking for since we started this test. There are interesting improvements listed here, stuff I didn't know to even look for. I recommend the interested testers (and everybody else) give this a good read and that we get together and decide how to change our multiplayer approach using some of these features, fixes and improvements.

Do I read that the 99 player limit is now gone? (* Fixed issue where the Host Options in multiplayer/ Free Flight allow a user to have a maximum of 99 player slots.)

Will Steam in-game chat coexiist with TeamSpeak? (* Game chat now integrated with Steam chat)

Does this mean no more required color mode switching and does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life? (* Prevent default colour mode for Windows 7 and above (enable automatic display composition).

Anyhow, good job Dovetail on the changelog. What took ya so long? Thanks CaseyRyback for pointing it out.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Well, i didn't tried yet to go over 99 slots, neather the chat issue because of allways using TS, but yes, we need to come together to test it out.
                  The colour thing is gone , for me experience, the screen just blips once when u start FSX:SE, thats it.
                  CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                  Staff Member
                  VA-Manager

Comment

Well managing banned players should be much easier with Steam... usually though it's more TS problems than in game issues that cause bans.
                    - Michael
                    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                      Does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life?
                      Most of the world would say YES.
                      Oz Flyer.
                      David.
                      VA Operations Manager.
                      SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
                      FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

Looked it up just out of curiosity, and also because there are other words that are in a similar boat.

Both spellings are many centuries old. Color, now regarded as the American spelling, in fact predates the United States by several centuries. In early use the spellings vied for ascendancy with several other spellings. Colur, culoure, and coolor, for instance, were all in the mix before the modern British spelling gained permanent prevalence in the 17th century.1 The American preference for color took hold in the middle 19th century thanks in large part to the conscious simplification of English spellings by people such as the lexicographer Noah Webster.

Comment

Grey is my neighbour's favourite colour!
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                          Steam Group:
                          http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                          YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
                            ...the conscious simplification of English...
                            "The conscious simplification of English" needs more work, but it's an ongoing process, as the accepted language changes by the decade; it seems. Come to think of it, "LOL" is a conscious simplification of English, no?

Originally posted by ak416 View Post
                            Grey is my neighbour's favourite colour!
                            Despite my ingrained habit of color and neighbor, I prefer grey over gray. Grey just looks bleaker to me; A is too prominent of a vowel for anything that can be described as grey. :grey: Common literature appears to not agree, however. Maybe the "conscious simplification" resulted in the gradual removal of feeling from words, instead fostering a reliance on word-definition relationships... memory... rather than connecting words to the associated feeling. Granted, word-definition relationships are, if taught consistently, easier to spread ubiquitously and therefore do in fact mitigate language-related confusion. Know what I mean?

Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, FSXSE-not-second-edition... I got it, but haven't made/found the hard drive space into which I can install it yet.
                            Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, FSXSE-not-second-edition... I got it, but haven't made/found the hard drive space into which I can install it yet.
                              Well, i was going to bring u guy's coffee and cookies while enjoying the language discussion.......:witless:
                              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                              Staff Member
                              VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2;14971
                                Does this mean no more required color mode switching [SIZE=3
                                and does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life?[/SIZE] (* Prevent default colour mode for Windows 7 and above (enable automatic display composition).

^^^^^^

joke
                                jōk/
                                noun
                                [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
                                  a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X