Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a New Stick

My current stick has failed me and I am looking for a new one. Looking at any reviews on amazon has kinda been a crap-shoot as there is always someone with a problem. I have used both a Logitech Attack 3, and Extreme 3D Pro, and haven't had too many problems with either. I know the 3D pro is kinda of a staple when it comes to sticks.

If anyone has any suggestion, I'm open to them. I have about $50 to spend on new stick and I'm just not sure what to get.
    -Liam

For that price I would recommend the Cyborg Fly 5.. it's not without issues, I've had 2 buttons near the hat switch come off over the last three years, but I fixed them pretty easily with some super glue. I know Wingman also had some trouble with his. However, I really love everything about the stick, the split throttle is great I'm not sure I could go back to a single throttle like you would find on a 3D pro. Its highly adjustable, the amount of tension on the throttles and stick feel right, its comfortable and doesn't get sticky in hot or humid environments, it requires a little bit of desk room for the base but it folds up for easy storage. Looks like with Amazon, you can get a two year warranty for $5.00, I would highly recommend that if you do decide to go with this stick.

Amazon link
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

... but keep some electrical tape handy. That light! :hypnotysed:
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I use the X52 Pro and recommend that if you ever get the chance.
        I've owned it for at least 5 years and never had a problem.

Otherwise the Cyborg stuff looks good as mentioned above.
        Cyborg 9?
        If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
          Otherwise the Cyborg stuff looks good as mentioned above.
          Cyborg 9?
          I looked at the 9, It didn't appear to have cool folding feature the 5 did, but thanks for the help.

That being said, i went ahead and got the FLY 5 and as AK suggested, the two year warranty, because I hear if its gonna break, its gonna break soon. Thanks for the help guys!
          -Liam

Comment

I also have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and love it. Since I'm new to FS, I would recomend it, especialy because I know that heavy FS users use it.
            Good luck.

Yigal

Comment

I recommend you take a look on ebay instead of amazon as there are loads of neat joysticks being sold at a cheap price. Just had a look now and the x52 a very good joystick with throttle quadrant is starting at 50 dollars and has 3 hours left. http://www.ebay.com/itm/saitek-x52-/...item418ae5b76f... But if you get the cash would recommend the saitek pro flight yoke its a beast.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X