Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IDEA]Annual MsFlights Virtual Oshkosh

Hello all citizens of MsFlights! I am proposing an awesome idea for an annual Virtual Oshkosh cross-community event hosted right here on Msflights! Okay so here's the plan!

I was thinking that if this plan was put into affect on MsFlights, the first Virtual Oshkosh would be held sometime in 2015, and then in 2016 and so on... Virtual Oshkosh would be held on the Week of Thanksgiving.

I would like to do it just like Oshkosh, with several demonstration teams, solo demonstrations, and even ground vehicle demonstrations!

I would like to start sometime around 7-8 AM and have attendees fly in through 7 or 8 AM until about 11 AM. Then there would be events going on all day.

We would need volunteers for solo and group demonstrations but that is in the future... Still if you would like to volunteer, you're more then welcome as nothing is set in stone yet.

P.S. I am Zak "Hornet" Priest on the Teamspeak!

Last edited by ThePersianMO; October 20, 2014, 07:14 PM.

Sounds like a great idea
    [IMG]http://picresize.com/images/tagdf.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Bump! Feedback please?

Comment

All day events are hard enough to put together, much less capturing peoples interest. However, a 7 day event or several events over a 7 day period would not only be a nightmare to plan, but I believe that we would have a hard time capturing interests from other communities for such an extended event. You have to realize, if you actually go to oshkosh, most of the time you spend there is standing around, getting a hotdog, and finding the closest bathroom. Which is fine for a live event, but for a simulated one, its a lot of "do nothing" time for most pilots. We find this to be true any time we attempt to mimic a real world event in a simulated world.

Might I, instead, suggest an Oshkosh "like" event that could even take place over most of one day, or even shorter. Basically squish the events together, reduce the number or length of them, Pre-plan any formation flights by coordinating with someone like the FSX Blue Angles, things like that. Just bare in mind that human beings have a limited attention span and for any group event to be successful, you must capture their attention for the entire event.

I like the idea in concept. I think there would need to be some planning done. Additionally, annual events usually aren't planned to be annual events. Usually, they become an annual event because so many people had such a great time at the first one. So why don't we talk about the possibility of one event first and go from there.
        HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
        See my videos Here

Comment

I agree, I was thinking about that today... I was thinking more of a maybe 2-3 day event.

Comment

I would still like to have the attendees fly in.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X