Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gather the pitchforks and torches, we goin after a Storm!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes on the lightning strike, I don't know to everything else.... I was thinking that we gather first to determine the logistics, the positions, the aircraft, and the weather app....
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Comment

So, Hawg, what criteria did you use for choosing each class of aircraft? Are these aircraft all used historically in storm chasing, or do they have particular characteristics you were looking for? If the latter, maybe you could let us know and we might find others that would fit those characteristics too.

A quick look around shows the following have been or are being used as real world storm chasers:
      • Boeing: B-17 Flying Fortress, B-29 Superfortress, B-50 Superfortress, B-47 Stratojet.
      • Consolidated: B-24 Liberator.
      • Douglas: A-20 Havoc.
      • Fairchild Republic: A-10 Thunderbolt II (the Hawg!).
      • Gulfstream: G-IV.
      • Lockheed: U-2, WC-130J, WP-3D Orion, C-121 Constellation, EC-121 Warning Star.
      • North American: B-25 Mitchell, T-28 Trojan.
      Most of these are available for FSX in some form/quality or other.

Comment

Tropical Storm Ana Threatens to Make Direct Hit on Hawaii

Message from RSMC Honolulu-Hurricane Center | 15 OCT 2014 | 1435z

A HURRICANE WATCH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PORTIONS OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN
        ISLANDS LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT.

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 14.3N 146.5W AT 15/1500Z
        POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 20 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST OR 275 DEGREES AT 8 KT

MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 60 KT WITH GUSTS TO 75 KT.

FORECAST VALID 16/0000Z 14.4N 147.7W
        MAX WIND 65 KT...GUSTS 80 KT.

REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 14.3N 146.5W
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

My thoughts on the aircraft were preliminary and the criteria was very simple... location of the wings in conjunction with the expected flight level of the aircraft based on its group. So the Over-Watchers I was thinking High Wing for better photos of the clouds below, the bird-Dogs are the low flyers so I choose low wing aircraft for better pictures of the weather from below. The Blackhawk was choosen for the Jocky's cuz I love to fly it, and the other two or three were just thoughts.
          HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Hurricane Ana south east of Hawaii. Heavy rain with lightening and sustained winds of 65kts at 20,000 and 70kts under 10,000

Last edited by sapperjoeyb; October 20, 2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Rgr that Today is a good day to investigate the differences between weather injecting apps. If anyone is running Active Sky, I would like to see some photos of the weather. I will go up injecting Rex....
              HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Hurricane Ana is south west of Hawaii 65kts sustained winds with heavy rain and lightening. I flew through the eye twice at altitudes of 20,000 and 7,500 using rex essentials plus hd and asn.

Comment

The WP-3D Orion, she's fast and flies high a nice little add-on.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-57-8

Comment

Nice Photo's. I was checking out Ana in Rex. it did okay for creating a storm. curious. Is that CS Weather Radar in the photos?
                    HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Flew the area again resetting the time to when Sapperjoey and I were both flying the area. I flew further south and around. Same depiction on the radar using REX to generate the weather.

Originally posted by sapperjoeyb View Post
                      Hurricane Ana is south west of Hawaii 65kts sustained winds with heavy rain and lightening. I flew through the eye twice at altitudes of 20,000 and 7,500 using rex essentials plus hd and asn.
                      Looking at the real world radar of this storm at Category 1 stage, it doesn't appear to have a definable eyewall. One is clearly visible on the ASN radar though.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgDawg4life View Post
                        Is that CS Weather Radar in the photos?
                        No, that's ASN's weather radar gauge.

Comment

Thanks I picked the best out of what I took but Yes that is true it did show an eye when there was not in actual reality. Comparing the two I think there's more weather layering involved with asn with different types of weather at different altitudes. The big thing for me is the gauge there's no guessing involved you fly directly to the storm. It also shows where other aircraft are on the gauge. As long as you have the weather in the specific area where flying that's all that matters asn just makes it easier and more detailed.
                          Last edited by sapperjoeyb; October 20, 2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I picked up CS Weather Radar from Capt Sim today. its 13.00 us and its the only one I could find that allowed you to easily put weather into any aircraft. It is also the only in-game weather radar that I could really find. I was testing it tonight. Its pretty cool, gives a nice representation of in-game weather. I also added a traffic radar to my C-130 and Blackhawk. It's the ANR-75 navigational radar by Raytheon.

So basically, I am ensuring that all my storm chaser aircraft have GPS, Traffic, and Weather Radar. It is looking very promising.

I have also been testing Rex, and I am really starting to agree, Yuck on the real-world weather injection but Yeah on the textures. So lets do something else for injection.

Click the photo to enlarge it
                            HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X