Around the World/ Back in Time continues: 1947-2013 Joao Pessoa ALIEN INVASION

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time continues: 1947-2013 Joao Pessoa ALIEN INVASION

-----------ALIEN INVASION!-----------

The area surrounding Joao Pessoa Brazil has been the site of thousands of Extra-terrestrial sightings and abductions dating as far back as 1947. HQ is sending us into the hot zone to fight this disturbing breach of intergalactic treaty made long ago with the offending aliens.

Between 1947 and 2013 the Alien offenders have been waging a massive coordinated abduction operation dubbed "Terrestrial Inhabitant Nabbing". Our top scientists have been working for decades to put an end to this wave of T.I.N. by seeking a method to disrupt the alien abduction beams.

HQ has made a major breakthrough with the development of headgear designed to foil the aliens T.I.N. technology.

Our mission Thursday night will be to deliver these T.I.N. foil hats to the inhabitants of northeast Brazil and end this reign of alien terror.

-------------------------------------------

We will be flying relatively low and fast for this Hercules flight. Our altitude will not exceed 3000 ft to avoid the alien dampening field. Please bring an appropriate cargo-prop.

Acceptable aircraft for this group flight:

Hercules (preferred if you have it)
    Antinov AN32 (good free choice see below)
    Antinov AN12 (Also a good free choice, even more Herky-like. see below)
    Howard 500 (Free, Awesome, fun, nuff said, see below)
    Default Leer jet (the only default AC that fits the bill. The only allowed jet, but is easy to fly and a decent choice.)

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

SBSV Departure
    SBAR
    SBMO
    SBJP
    SBNT

Please click this link for a handy kneeboard, a detailed flightplan, and required scenery files for this flight:
    http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post12770

Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes from his OneDrive for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.
    Here's a link to Storms Onedrive:http://tinyurl.com/storms-onedrive

There are 4 suitable airplanes. The An-32 is in Modern oddities. The others are in the Vintage Hangar:
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited by Lazerbolt; September 16, 2014, 09:26 AM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Hi pilots!

Here's a link to the required scenery file for this flight:
    http://1drv.ms/1tNMwso

Click here for a handy kneeboard containing all airport info:

Here's a detailed flightplan to use on Thursdays flight:

In order to correctly see the added scenery, the server weather will be set to "Cold fronts" for this flight, so be sure to disable any external weather addons you may normally use.

Don't forget to make a tin-foil hat for Thurday's flight. This is very important so that we don't lose any pilots or planes to the alien forces. Please put a picture of yourself wearing your best tin-foil hat as your TeamSpeak avatar on Thursday.
    Last edited by Lazerbolt; September 16, 2014, 08:21 AM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

The truth is out there... WAY out there! Here's documented proof of why these T.I.N. foil hats must get through!

Happy landings,
      Lazer

Comment

Please be advised that T.I.N. is composed of a metal alloy containing LEAD! It is the LEAD portion of this alloy that provides the protection. Lead is a dense material often used to protect workers and other people who work around X-rays and similar sources. Lead is also used extensively in the nuclear industry to provide protection from nuclear radiation.

-Coast
        "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Just a reminder for tonight's Around the World/ Back in time flight: We will gather out fleet at SBSV Salvador Brazil at 9pm eastern.
          Don't forget to craft a Protective hat for tonight. Safety first! If you don't have access to official T.I.N. foiling material, aluminum foil will work just as well. Even better in fact because the alien aggressors don't like the smell of aluminum.

Hope to see you all there!
          Happy landings,
          Lazer

Comment

WARNING! The aliens seem to have a collaborator who has adulterated some sources of our T.I.N. supply, rendering it useless. Fortunately it's easy to tell the difference between the real T.I.N. foil and the fake stuff.
            • If it's completely shiny on both sides, it's fake; just give it to that annoying neighbor of yours.
            • If it's shiny on one side but rather duller on the other, it's genuine and you can safely make your hat out of it.

This has been a public service announcement.

Comment

Hawgs View......
              To view these, click on them......

HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
              See my videos Here

Comment

13 pics from tonight's flight, including swooping down to do emergency cargo drops of T.I.N. hats and a visit from the Blue Angels.
                (Please click for full-size/clarity.)

Comment

Into the maw, at 13,000 ft...

Comment

Thanks so much for making this flight so fun guys! It was a real hoot seeing some of your sweet foil hats! Heres some more snaps of us beating back the alien invaders:

Happy landings,
                    Lazer

Comment

How about everyone who flew tonight in T.I.N. hats post the avatar picture they used? Here's mine:

Comment

Awesome flight, Lazer. I love the themes. Very entertaining.

Thank you.
                        Greetings from Dale
                        Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I'm WAYYYYYY behind on posting pictures, but here is a couple from last weeks group flight.

-Coast
                          "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Great shots of the AN-32 delivering hats to the captives held inside the mothership Coast! Thanks for posting them.
                            Happy landings,
                            Lazer

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X