Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbx regions

Here's a Google Earth file that shows all of the North American Orbx regions along with all of the airports. Just download and install Google Earth then double click the attached Orbx2.kmz file below after you download it.

Updated to include the Southern Alaska region

kewl

I dunno, just kewl!
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Comment

HawgDog, I'm as impatient as you for your big box to become operational so's that you can enjoy Orbx wonders at full frame rates. Kalo, I didn't even know Tongass Fjords existed. I thought they were in the South Pacific, 'round Tonga. Thanks. I love Google map overlays, as well as visual Skyvector flight plans. N2RD, student pilot here...
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I was looking at the Tongass Fjords thing myself as I couldn't find it on the FTX website. I found it was done by another publisher, FSAddon. But it was done in large part with Holger Sandman, who now works for FTX. So although they come from different companies, the new one was designed to work perfectly with the existing one.
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I believe the Tongass Fjords are included with the "Blue Pacific Fjords". I may be wrong, but when I loaded the "Blue Pacific Fjords" coverage map, the Tongass Fjords was included on the map.

Comment

I noticed that when I downloaded the map as well, but didn't think the products were bundled together... It's on the to buy list...
            - Michael

Comment

Here is an image that more clearly shows all currently released Orbx regions in North America, and two upcoming regions, Southern Rocky Mountains and South California.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
              Steam Group:
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
              YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

So that image does not show Tongass Fjords... As Kalo mentioned though it's interesting that they are listed on the FTX provided .kml files.

Also, WHAT THE HELL! Nobody ever thinks of Utah when they talk Rocky Mountains. It's always Colorado... Fox Sports Rocky Mountain (the only coverage in Utah), your home of the Rockies, Broncos, and Nuggets (no mention of the Utah Jazz)... And the Rocky Mountains go Canada to Mexico, so what will that be... the Southern Southern Rocky Mountains... I guess it does cover some of Utah, I'd just like where I have my default flight set up from to be included. [/rant over]

I'm guessing based on the abbreviation that they will actually be doing Northern California. Looks like just the west edge of Tahoe, too bad it won't cover down to the eastern edge of the Sierra's.
                - Michael

Comment

Tongass Fjords was not done by Orbx, though integrates seamlessly with the surrounding Orbx regions. It was developed by Holger Sandmann at FSAddon before he was with Orbx.

Edit: missed your post saying basically the same thing I just said, whoops :P

Also, I believe Orbx has plans to do all of North America, or at least most of it, so give it time I have heard they plan to start releasing scenery for the east coast sometime in the new year, so I am quite excited for that!
                  Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                  Steam Group:
                  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                  YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Yeah, with the rate they are going I'm sure it will be available in 15 years... :friendly_wink:

I just get frustrated with the rest of the US excluding Utah as being part of the Rocky Mountains.... I can understand wanting to do western Colorado before the west Utah desert. I mean, huge lush green mountains, or flat arid empty desert... It's an easy choice as to where to fly.
                    - Michael

Comment

I just updated the file to include the new Southern Alaska region.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X