Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR Demo

Okay, here is a link to a demonstration I filmed for TrackIR 5.0. Its kinda dark, but shows the effects.

And here is a daytime video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVBca6E3aNU&feature=plcp
    Last edited by HawgDawg4life; November 30, 2012, 02:55 AM. Reason: embedded the video
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

I'd love to hear any pro's/cons for this $150 head mouse!

Comment

looks pretty cool, would u recomend it? I've been thinking of trying it out for some while

Comment

How'd you film this? Fraps?

Comment

I will be getting one of these. Being able to look around freely without using the hat switch...priceless
          Greetings from Dale
          Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier. I love my TrackIR! Best add-on I have bought hands down! I bought mine once support was added to Flight. At the time NaturalPoint had a sale where I got the TrackIR 4 & TrackClip Pro for around $100. All the reviews said that TIR5 is awesome, but if you have TIR4 the upgrade isn't that big of a deal. So I saved myself the $50. Once you get used to it (which takes like 5 minutes) it is so natural. Need to look at your radio stack? Just turn your head slightly towards it. If you are relying on the virtual cockpit it makes such a huge difference. I love turning my head to look out the window and see the position of other aircraft.

My only cons:
            When you switch to an external camera it still uses head movement, which can be a pain to line up for a screen shot. For that I have a button mapped on my stick to pause it, so then I can use the hat to align the screen shot I want.
            I bought the add on TrackClip Pro, which has a super fragile mount. Mine broke after about 3 months. I've been using the hat clip with comes with it since then.

I'd be happy to make a video as well if someone wants to see something special.
            - Michael
            Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Would love to see a video, Waterman. I saw mine a few minutes ago, but have to wait for Christmas.
              Greetings from Dale
              Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

That sucks! 26 days to go!

Is there something in particular you want to see? Otherwise I'll probably position my camera over the shoulder so you can see my head movement and the screen at the same time.
                - Michael

Comment

Hey All, I apologize for my lack of response here. My machine crashed about the same time that I posted this thread and I have been heavily focused on retrieving my data (will limited success). That being said, let me answer some of the questions posted here.....

"$150.00 headmouse" -- Trackir Is much more than what you envisioned. "headmouse" is close, but its soooo much more. think of it as a 3 dimensional Headmouse.... not only can you look left and look right, but you can sway left and sway right. You can lean left and lean right, you can lift yourself up in your seat or drop yourself down into your cockpit. You can move forward or backup...

"would you recommend it?" -- I would recommend selling your mother if you have too, stop thinking about it and rob a bank, sell blood, whatever it takes...

"how did you film this?" -- Yes, I used fraps, and yes, that is real time recording...

Ok, here is my take on the trackIR....

Pros: OMG does this change the experience..... you can watch as many videos as you want about the technology but nothing prepares you for the experience. It has a very small footprint, so it doesn't add to any lag that I was already getting. The install was out of the box easy. You don't have to worry about which of what starts up first or anything like that because you can start track ir before or after fsx is running. Final pro... I got motion sickness the first night I wore mine!

Cons: Bob made some statements about the ability to click objects while using TrackIR, which I will admit, takes some hand-eye coordination. Bob uses a hotkey to temporarily disable trackIR when changing comms or nav info... I don't, but it takes a getting used too...

I also have a daytime video posted at youtube as well. its a little better video. I will post it here as well...
                  HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Here's a 7 minute video I created tonight for you that shows my head movement and how it relates to ingame. (Available in 1080p on YouTube itself)

Last edited by Waterman981; November 30, 2012, 06:04 AM.
                    - Michael

Comment

DUDE, GREAT VIDEO! Much better than either of mine!
                      HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

I loved your detailed explanation and the video. Thanks. I find that TrackIR in FSX works in the cockpit marvelously but in spot or locked spot, I pause TrackIR and use the hat switch. In MSFlight however, the exterior views are lookable very comfortably with TrackIR. This is because the mouse emulation moves in the opposite direction in FSX exterior views and in the correct direction in MSFlight. I agree that TrackIR brings a whole 'nother dimension to immersion than hat switch look or mouse look. I'll explore this TrackIR topic with you all further in the future.
                        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X