Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add PMDG 737 sounds to default FSX 737

So i decided that i have reached to maximum visual capabilities of my computer and my brain cannot seem to wrap itself around the 97 tutorial manual for the PMDG 737 (I know im lazy...) So now i ask myself where do i go from here... SOUND of course!!! and i apologise to all those that try this and find it not working for this is my first of many attempts at altering the audio files of AC's.

This was a simple swap and im sure there are ways to fine tune it and i will update as needed.

The start was going in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800 and renamed the sound FOLDER "sound_orig". Then within that folder itself you will find the sound CFG file rename that "sound_orig" as well.

Then go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX. Copy and paste the entire sound folder from there back to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800 folder.

When you start the game again and fly the default 737 you will find the sounds are much more pleasant. As the default 737 model is not as complex you will find some of the sounds you were used to hearing in the PMDG 737 (if you got it started) are not audible. But at any rate it does make flying the default 737 better than default and a bit more fun at that.

Let me know what you think and ENJOY!

What if I don't have the PMDG aircraft? Do you have the sound folder available for those that don't? Will it even work?
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X